Learn how to live your ideal life after selling your business.
Have you thought about what your next chapter will look like after you sell your business? For a lot of owners we’ve worked with, it’s often something they don’t want to think about it.
We completely understand.
After spending so much of your life invested in your business, it’s easy for your identity and the business to become intertwined. You’ve gotten used to being in charge for as long as you can remember, answering questions, handling problems as they arise, and celebrating the successes of your business. When it’s finally time to step away, you won’t be doing any of those things anymore. In all honesty, you’ll become less important to the business and your industry, except perhaps in a legacy role. This can be difficult to deal with.
A business transition is a life transition. And it’s important that as you exit your business, you transition into something else that engages you. This will help prevent a very real phenomenon that we call seller’s remorse which usually occurs when owners don’t have a solid plan for what’s next.
It’s time to devote some serious time to figuring out what you want to do after you transfer out of your business.
Find out if you are financially and personally ready to sell your business. Join our Free membership and take the BTA Readiness Assessment to determine how much progress you have made in planning for your exit. This 15-minute survey:
- Outlines what you should do to prepare for one of the most important transactions of your life.
- Gauges your current state of readiness for your transition.
- Puts you on a path to improve your readiness and chances for success.
Whether you want to sell or give your business to an insider or to an outside buyer, there are many steps you need to take to prepare yourself, your business, and your employees for this huge transition.
We have guided dozens of business owners over the last 10 years through their exits. Let us help you!
To your successful exit,
- Read Live Your Ideal Life After Selling Your Business.
- Join BTA’s FREE membership program to gain access to our Transition Readiness Assessment, which will help you determine how ready you are to exit or transfer the ownership of your business to others.
- Download a free chapter of our book Cashing Out of Your Business – Your Last Great Deal and learn how to position your company in the best light, find the right buyer, and negotiate the best possible deal.